As covenant members of Redeemer Church, we agree to live in loving Christian community with our brothers and sisters in Christ.
We embrace the vision of Redeemer Church by engaging Denton County with the gospel. We embrace the doctrinal convictions of the Redeemer Church Statement of Faith.
We value membership and embrace the local body as an essential part of our spiritual growth.*
Though not perfect, we will pursue God’s call to holiness and Christ-likeness in all of life so as not to cause harm to the name of Jesus or the witness of our church.
We will correct others when necessary with gentleness and kindness out of a genuine love for them. We will also submit to the loving process of church discipline when necessary knowing this is an extension of the Father’s love for us.**
We will support our Pastors and Elders as they seek to lead our church under Christ’s authority.
All this we will do with the help of the Spirit in the grace he provides.
*This includes but is not limited to:
- regularly attend worship services and membership meetings
- playing an active role in Neighborhood Groups including service projects
- serving needs within the church especially with the children and youth
- tithing or sacrificially giving of one's income to the Lord through giving to Redeemer Church
- and regularly sharing the gospel to the unbelievers in one's life
**This process is based on the teachings of Jesus in Matthew 18:15-18. This involves accepting the loving rebuke of the local church as God’s best for your life. A refusal to heed this loving rebuke will result in the ultimate consequence of a revoking of a person's membership in Redeemer Church.